- Common Name: Desert Pupfish
- Scientific Name: Cyprinodon salinus salinus
- Photographer: Nate Nealley
- Date Taken: May, 2018
- Location: Death Valley National Park, USA.
- Classified as endangered due to its
limited distribution, they are known from
only two locations in Death Valley. This one
is endemic to Salt Creek. They have been
introduced to other areas with limited
success. The population varies seasonally
with changing water flows. These fish are
extremely tolerant of harsh conditions: high
salinity and water temperatures from 32 °F (0 °C)
up to 116 °F (47 °C).